Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thomas west is our great great ancestor.. he came to America in 1609 ..  eventually the West line married into the Brownings , whom also came to America early.. Thomas did not last long in America but was the first govenor of Virginia and also Deleware was named after him> Yep and all this time I thought the Deleware Indians gave the state the name and it was just the opposite..  Thisis the only picture I could find of Jon, but he and Thomas look like brother.  More so then Jon looks like his own brothers.. It has amused and amazed us for a long time and make me realize that I was not found under a cabbage patch after all but do come from that Browning stock..   I love family history.. it is to me, Our history is so interesting, no matter where we came from. There are so many stories out there of just ordinary people that  had to be so fascinating , I  wish people had left more for us to  know..  I hope we leave a better legacy behind..  

No comments: